April 10, 2018

Restless for the Driftless

Less than a month until my next trip to the Driftless. To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. With the way this winter is hanging on across the country, I'm guessing it's going to be cold, but that's okay, I still own jackets, wool socks, and such... I'm not that "Florida" yet.


As of tonight, all of the arrangments are made - plane, car, lodging - now it's just time to wrangle some gear and pack my bags. I plan to travel light on that front. Just a rod or two, a few small boxes of flies, some lines and tippet, and a fishing backpack to carry it all. Oh, and maybe some extra batteries for the camera, I'd like to take some video.


One of the reasons why I'm going to the Driftless is the Midwest Tenkara Fest, so I have a feeling if I forget something, I'll be able to pick up missing odds and ends locally... along with a Spotted Cow or three...


In the meantime, the countdown begins. Maybe a few nights at the vise between now and then to calm the nerves. Tie a fly or two in anticipation, definitely need to take a look at my nymph & leech inventory...


Damn, these next three weeks or so are going to go by slow...

8 comments:

  1. Anticipation.......... I think they did a song about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike! If I'm not traveling, I am gonna try and make it down to the Tenkara Fest to see what this Tenkara wizardry is all about, and it would be cool to share a Spotted Cow with you, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be great if you'd be able to swing by... It's a fun event with a trout stream on premises!

      Delete
    2. Michael
      I'm looking forward to some videos featuring the Tenkara in action----thanks for sharing

      Delete
    3. I'll do what I can Bill. I always have good intentions of shooting video, and then always forget to or come back with subpar footage. But as I said, I'm gonna try!

      Delete