July 19, 2016

Tenkara Tuesday: Tanuki 275 Appalachian Brookie Rod

Bought a new tenkara rod over the weekend. Well, I pre-ordered one anyway.


Yeah, it's yellow.

It's the special edition Tanuki 275 "Appalachian Brookie" tenkara rod.

The rod will be released in the Fall in a standard coloration, however, this yellow cosmetic will be unique to 15 rods sold through Pittsburgh-based Three Rivers Tenkara. Right, yellow & black like the Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates. As a Philly-boy, that stings more than a little bit, so it's probably fitting that the rod picked up a secondary nickname on Facebook, the "Killer Bee."


No, not those Killer Bees.

As I've acquired different tenkara rods over the years, I've in turn sold off the ones that didn't quite "fit." I recently said goodbye to two, and will be selling one more shortly. With a few empty slots in my rod rack, figured this would be a convenient way to try one of the Tanuki designs, so I took the plunge. Why not, you only live once. If nothing else, should make for some interesting on-stream photos.

I'd imagine since it's part of a limited run, should I not care for it, I could move it pretty easily at a later date. Hopefully, I don't need to find out. We'll see later this Fall...

4 comments:

  1. The "Killer Bee" name seems appropriate. By the way, the hamburger was the worst disappointment of the two. One can always get another spare, but an awesome burger is hard to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. And I probably would agree with you.

      Delete
  2. If I might ask, which of the rods in your ever-changing quiver remain and avoid the Big Purge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like blog post fodder. I'll write something up in the next few days. My choices in rods aren't all that exotic.

      Delete