April 13, 2020

Tenkara Angler Magazine: Spring 2020


Just wanted to quickly note that the Spring 2020 issue of Tenkara Angler magazine went live this morning. I've been working on putting together this Spring issue for a couple of weeks now, and here it is, in all of it's Issuu-based page flipping glory.

The Spring issue turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. It'd be pretty hard to mess up based on the excellent contributors this quarter. There were essays and articles on both tenkara and fixed-line fly fishing, as well as some pretty stellar photography. There was even a little bit of art and poetry slid in there for good measure. Enjoy!


I hope you do take a peek if you have the spare time. The magazine has been a labor of love and this installment was particularly important to me because it's going to be the last regularly published issue of Tenkara Angler in its current state. Basically, there were a compounding of factors that led to this decision, including relatively poor smartphone readability within Issuu, expensive on-demand costs to produce print copies, and less and less content in which to choose from with each passing deadline.

Instead, I'll focus on updating and growing the Tenkara Angler website... and maybe have a few friends join the team to help out. Yeah, the world probably needs another tenkara blog like they need three more months of quarantine, but I've got some creative and hopefully unique ideas bouncing around in my head, so if you were a fan of the magazine, please make sure to bookmark the website moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. I've never had trouble viewing with my "Smart" phone. :) And bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete