March 27, 2019

Spring Break 2019!

The blog's been a little quiet this month because the family was on Spring Break for a week, about a week or so ago. The Florida branch of the "Griswolds" family tree packed up and headed west for Wally World... almost literally... and fortunately, it wasn't closed this time.

In reality, K.C., Lilly, & I flew to Southern California for a week. We started in Los Angeles and visited the Getty Museum, braved traffic down to San Diego for a few days where we ocean kayaked and checked out sea lions in La Jolla before visiting the Zoo and getting fish tacos in the city proper. After that we hiked it back up to Anaheim for two days of Disneyland and a day of California Adventure. It was one of those trips that was highly scheduled, thus exhausting, but a crazy amount of fun.

Here's a fairly massive photo dump of some of the highlights... I won't mind if you don't get all the way through...

















































6 comments:

  1. What a fun week. Places I've been, memories I'd forgotten about. In-N-Out Burger. Don't know if I've told you, but my son Ken is the maintenance Manager for all the stores in Northern California, Northern Nevada, Southern Oregon, and Salt Lake City. Probably the reason I can never get him out fishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had no idea! In-N-Out is good stuff. A lot of other fast food chains have "upped" their burger game (I love Whataburger here in Florida, courtesy of Texas), but when in California...

      Delete
  2. Looks super fun... Have to say though... That Panda cracked me up. Half expected a second pic of it with a remote and a bowl of corn chips watching a football game! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was definitely "chill". The last time I visited the SD Zoo was in 2003, I checked the photos from that trip, the panda then was in almost the identical position. Ha!

      Delete
  3. Michael
    Playing catch up here, still working on the our house move----what a wonderful family trip----Enjoyed the images, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete