February 4, 2019

Bassmaster Elite Series Week

This week the Bassmaster Elite Series is coming to my neighborhood...


It's been a few years since the sparkle boats and logo-clad anglers of the B.A.S.S. circuit were in Palatka, Florida fishing the St. Johns River, but beginning this upcoming Thursday they'll be starting their daily runs once again.


Think I'll go check things out on Saturday morning/afternoon. The last time they were here there was a fun little fishing-themed festival down by the waterfront that served as a backdrop to the daily weigh-ins. It was pretty entertaining, and being what one might consider a "fly fishing trout guy," seeing the other side of the sport was a spectacle to say the least.


The weather looks great for the anglers, and if all goes well, you'll see a post from me early next week...


4 comments:

  1. Michael
    Oh, how I remember those days of the bass tournaments, especially those on Smith Lake. We get at least one a year here and some of the older Pros show up. I think Rick Clunn has retired although he could still give the young bucks a run for the money. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat, if I go, I'll post some pics next week.

      Delete
  2. I've watched pro bass fishing a couple times. Doesn't hold any draw for me. Guy casts out, hooks a bass and literally drags it across the water to the boat, looks at it, and either throws it back or puts it in the well for weighing. I don't see any sport there. I'll stay with trout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could stand there and watch them fish either. I go for the little carnival they have, the games, food, and gear vendors. That's what I enjoy. I'll stick to trout too.

      Delete