June 18, 2018

Artful Profiles of Trout, Char, and Salmon, and the Classic Flies That Catch Them

This past Friday was kind of a pretty awesome mail day. I've been patiently waiting for my copy of Dave & Emily Whitlock's "Artful Profiles of Trout, Char, and Salmon" to arrive at my doorstep, and guess what greeted me once I got home from work...


I'm sure many of you are familiar with Dave Whitlock's overall body of work... it sure would be hard not to if you're even a casual fly angler. Well, with an initial paging through this latest book, the contents far exceed my expectations. Such wonderful illustrations within, I can't wait to get some downtime this upcoming week and really soak in the pictures and complete text.


And the best part... and I know I'm not special or anything because this is pretty standard for Mr. Whitlock... I've been on a kick recently where if I have the opportunity to have the fishing books that I purchase signed by the authors, I try my best to take advantage. Well, this one is no exception. And just like when he signs his prints, Dave always adds a little something extra to each signature. Love it!


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great read. Dave is quite the artist in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he is. I'm headed to the beach this week for a mini escape, this looks like perfect light reading...

      Delete
  2. I always take the time to stop by and see Dave and Emily when they are at the Fly Fishing Show here in January. He's an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt. I figured you'd be one to appreciate their work.

      Delete
  3. That is a special find. I have those golden trout on my bucket list. Someday! Enjoy the read and the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for an adventure. Maybe we can go hunt them together someday.

      Delete