February 13, 2018

Tenkara Tuesday: A Slightly Stale, (But Meaningful) News Roundup

A lot's gone on since the last installment of Tenkara Tuesday, so figured I'd do a round-up of sorts, if for no other reason than to write up a new post. Some of this may be news to you, some may not, but it's all pretty cool. Hope you enjoy...

I guess I'll start with my friends over at Discover Tenkara. I mean I feature them quite frequently because they've been pumping out such great content over the past few years.

Unfortunately, the news is quite horrifying, as due to a dispute with a former business partner, they've lost the rights to sell many of the most popular titles in their multi-media library. While they're currently in the process of creating some new product to keep the business (and free episodes of Tenkara in Focus) afloat, they've also established a Patreon account for those that appreciate their work and want to sponsor their future efforts. If it's something you might be interested in, check out this LINK and video below for more details.


While the last thing I need is another tenkara rod, I couldn't control myself and pre-ordered one from Badger Tenkara the other week. They're offering a refined version of their popular UNC rod with what they describe as "high flex" action. As an owner of some premium full flex Japanese tenkara rods, I'm interested to see how they execute this "Rocky Creek Special." Even though some of the deeper early bird discounts are now gone, rods can still be purchased for $98, a discount of  $17. More info can be found HERE.

Photo: Badger Tenkara

Oh, and since we're talking rods, check out the bend on this one! This display by Tenkara Rod Co. certainly isn't "tenkara" as I know it, but it certainly looks like a lot of fun... am I right?


I probably would have freaked out and broken off on this fish, but cool to see they brought it to hand.

There have also been a few good interviews published over the past few weeks. One of the more recent was an interview with Tenkara-Fisher's Adam Trahan featured on Christophe Laurent's Tenkara Enso blog. It's a bit of a lengthy read, but worth the time if you're not familiar with Adam's backstory or views on tenkara moving forward.


Last but not least, I gotta sneak in that the "Call for Submissions" for the Spring 2018 issue of Tenkara Angler magazine is now open. If you'd like to contribute to this quarter's magazine, more details are available HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment