January 21, 2013

Troutrageous! From The Road

Work travel brings me to Jacksonville, Florida (again) this week.  A full five days...at least it's not freezing here.  Luckily, given the proper inspiration and functional hotel WiFi, blogging from the road isn't such a chore. 

Keeping with the theme of making best use of my hotel stay, I also brought my el cheapo vise and some tying materials to knock out some flies for a fly swap over at Tenkara-Fisher.  If I don't take advantage of some of the down time at night, these things will never get done before the end of the month...

Sneak peek at hotel room kebari

Oh, and should I fall flat and not do any blogging this week...giving you nothing to read...and you just feel like something in your life is missing, go check out the Iron Sheik's twitter feed.  Although I wouldn't recommend it as reading for kids.  #teamsheikie

Did you check it out?  Wow...right?


6 comments:

  1. If that is your fly for the swap, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of them. How big is your traveling fly kit? I made one awhile back out of a Altoids tin for traveling and it goes with me any time I'm traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most likely is the fly I contribute to the swap. I'm using a plastic pencil box to tote around my stuff, so I can bring a fair amount. For better or worse I guess it's good that hooks are small and feathers flat.

      Delete
  2. You continue to be an inspiration to us all Mike! Traveling, and still be able to tie and blog.
    Impressive for sure!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspiration might be strong, I'd just consider it an extension of having no life. Thanks for the compliment. I'll take it any way I can get it.

      Delete
  3. Inspiration is just right, from where I am sitting Mike..
    Awesome dad, and a blogger that comes up with regular content even while traveling, and are even tying some bugs while traveling too!
    Like I said, impressive and inspiring!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only real reason I think I want a Tenkara rod is because the Kebari flies look so damn cool.

    ReplyDelete