April 17, 2012

The Secret To A Popular Pinterest Pin

Like a few months ago or something I wrote a post about my experience infiltrating estrogen-heavy Pinterest. For the unfamiliar, it's basically the social media equivalent of "The View," just without that chick from Survivor.  (I can't believe either show is still on the air BTW)

11 year old dated reference

Anyway, much like Google+, I haven't been back to Pinterest all that often since, but I will "pin" a picture every now and then just for shits & giggles.

Most of the time, said pins never really generate much user feedback in the form of likes, comments, or re-pins.  I maybe get someone to be brave enough to do one of the three, but never all of them, much less multiples of all of them...until the other day.  It probably has to do with the fact that I mostly post obscure things like old Nike sneakers and Ric Flair, but whatever...

But I think I've finally cracked the code.  
Today I unveil to you the secret of a wildly (by my standards) popular Pinterest pin...

Post a picture of Chase Hundley

Yes, it's that easy to create social media magic.

17 comments:

  1. Is it the beard?

    On a side note, I need to watch The View more now that I know she's on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it's the beard...it clearly has magic powers.

      Delete
  2. I repinned Ric Flair. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. This might be the only time in my life that I fall into a category with Ric Flair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still trying to get into Pinterest. It's tough though because I barely have time to read blogs, go on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too many to try and keep up with. F, T, G+, YouTube, and however more there are out there. I'll stay with blogging and you young techies can have the rest.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each their own. Sending messages Western Union still works too.

      Delete
  6. I think it's just you have good stuff to re-pin there, T. I've repinned Chundley and all I got was an email from Pinterest asking me who the stud with the beard was!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping up with the sasquatch theme... I like it! (:

    ReplyDelete