November 21, 2010

Beadhead Copper Kebari

After returning from the International Fly Tying Symposium yesterday, I felt inspired to tie - and use my new bobbin (more on the bobbin & the show in tomorrow's post).

Anyway, this is my interpretation of a tenkara Sakasa Kebari fly, all beadheaded out, because beadhead nymphs are how I find most of my success locally.  I had always wanted to tie one like this, and I consider the design is a branch off the evolutionary tree showed off by Laurent Marshall over at his Tenkara Adventurer blog earlier this year.
tenkara copper john bead head sakasa kebari fly

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! It's similar to a soft-hackle, no? But on steroids! And with a copper wire body. And a bead. OK, it's nothing like a soft hackle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking but. Nice job. I'd eat it if I were a trout. =)

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. It was fun to tie. Hope it catches some fish too.

    ReplyDelete