October 7, 2010

Home From Vegas 2K10

Back from Vegas.  Phew...   Wasn't sure I'd write a blog post tonight to recap, as I had to catch up on some bills, and of course watch Game One of my Phillies in the NLDS.  Thankfully they were generous enough to start the game early and...oh yeah...some pitcher threw a no hitter too.

Anyway, back to Vegas.  I've been to Vegas quite a few times over the years - actually got married there almost 9 years ago - so despite the comments in my last post, it wasn't a new or scary experience.  That said, every time I go back, there always seems to be something new to do or see, which is fine by me.

There was no fishing on this trip although Lake Powell & Lake Mead aren't that far away and stripers could have probably been easily had.  Stripers, as in bass; not strippers, although I'm sure they could have easily been had as well.  No shooting off any guns either - sorry Wolfy & Dennis - didn't get around to bustin' caps in anything - this time.

So what did I do?  Besides crash a wedding, mostly a lot of eating and drinking.  Luckily (I think), I lost more money to bartenders than I did table games or slot machines.  The Luxor hotel ain't the best, however beer makes everything okay.

Here are pics of some stuff with captions.  Didn't take a lot of pictures, but they should tell at least some of the story...the rest will have to stay back in Vegas where it belongs.
View out the plane window - think there's some fish in that water?
K.C. with "Elvis" & "Marilyn"
It liked to be scratched on the chin
Runnin' with the wolves
Uhhhh?
Fremont Street Experience - featuring Queen
Another Fremont Street Experience - featuring Bad Female Elvis?...  
...and Michael Jackson?...
...and Bret Michaels & another Bad Elvis?...
...and KISS!!!!!!!
I want his suit (wish the pic was better to reflect its magnificence)
Troutrageous Mardi Gras beads
K.C. getting her frozen drank on - in refillable mug.
Yeah, we're classy folks.
View from Ballys
Thought Casey might like this one from the Bellagio gardens
Very Hobbit-esque
We got married right here about 8 and a half years ago.
Except back then, there was a lagoon & waterfall rather than a paved over pool deck.
At least the good 'ol Tropicana is still standing.

Ok, enough about me in Vegas; I'm now off to catch up with what you guys have been up to.  I've got about about 4 or 5 days worth of your posts I need to catch up on.  See you in the comments section.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun. I take it you did not win and millions? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had a good time.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home my friend...maybe no fishing, but looks like you guys had a great time, and that can never be a bad thing (thumbs up)...ps thanks very much for the mention/link ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Morne - No millions, you would have really heard about that!

    @Shoreman & Brk - Thanks guys, it was fun. But one of those trips where once you get home you need a vacation from your vacation.

    @Dennis - No problem on the link.

    @Casey - thought you would :)

    ReplyDelete