May 8, 2010

Friday Night Fishing

When I got home from work on Friday, I was informed by my wife that Lilly wanted to go fishing.  Nice!  So after a quick dinner, I dug up some worms from the garden, packed up the rods in the car, and Lilly & I, but this time Mommy (K.C.) came along too.

We headed over to Sanatoga Park again, it's very close to our house and very kid friendly.  It just makes fishing with a 4-year old easier.  After getting everyone rigged up - Lilly with her Barbie rod, K.C. with a spinning rod, and me with my tenkara fly rod - we all got our lines wet.

Well wouldn't you know it...Lilly caught the first two fish.  The first almost immediately.  Unfortunately, we haven't got the reeling in and unhooking the fish part down yet, so Daddy had to come over to help her a little bit.  The issue isn't physically being able to do it, it's not really wanting to be near the fish on the end of the line when it comes close to bank.  Hence, here's the picture of the first fish of the night....

...and a picture of Lilly about 10 feet away...

After that, we all ended up getting into some little fish.  No monsters, but enough action to keep us occupied with tight lines.

K.C. doesn't like to touch fish either...

8 comments:

  1. Very awesome that fishing brings your family together to spend some quality time. Looks like your daughter is a natural!

    I'm hoping to be doing the same thing with my family a few years down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...I caught my fish using Lilly's barbie rod....no shame here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember right,,, you say fishing isnt Lilly's thing?? Sounds like you could be mistaken... my fingers are crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, Mike. that little one is going to out fish you. LOL. Fun family evening.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure sounded like a lot of fun. I hope to get out soon even if it is for a little bit. I have been busy since I got that promotion, goes with the territory I guess.

    Whitetail Woods

    CVA Wolf Black Powder Rifle Give-Away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It want be long before Lilly will start learning to use the fly rod. I taught our daughter when she was 5 and she is still pretty good with it today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Mark - She seems to be.

    @ K.C. - ain't no shame in that. You should have saw the Dads fishing in the kiddie pool at the trout tourney...

    @Bigerrfish - I think I might be. I mean SHE asked me to go fishing. We'll see.

    @ Shoreman - I hope she does.

    @ Rick - You've got the whole summer in front of you. Good luck with the promotion!

    @ Bill - We'll see about the fly rod. We might have an issue since "bugs are gross"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, that's what I am talking about! Get after them little fish (the bluegill looks pretty respectable)!

    There is something to be said for cathing some fish within a few minute's drive from your house.

    I'm glad you got out with your family. Good times.

    ReplyDelete