November 10, 2008

I Landed A Net Today

I've been wanting to get a landing net for a while now. Usually I don't use one - for the most part I practice catch & release and handling the fish with my wet hands suffices. That being said, last season there were a few feisty fish that I probably could have corralled and got back into the water quicker with a landing net. After shopping around for an affordable net handmade in the U.S.A., I found Stevens Nets. Bingo!

Upon my net's arrival this afternoon, couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. Here's a few shots of the net, and my (lack of) photography skills do not do it justice. The wood is beautifully finished, I'd say even furniture quality, and the rubber catch & release bag is ideal for my needs (click on the image to enlarge).


No comments:

Post a Comment