August 20, 2018

The Boots Part Two

Just wanted to follow up the last post.

So I went with the Orvis Ultralights. They ended up checking most of the boxes, and I'm not gonna lie, "free" gift card money played a role, so we'll see how it goes, I'll keep you posted.


I did happen to find this long-term use video for what it's worth. May just be a piece of Orvis propaganda, but looks solid to me.


Outside of the boots, I also picked up these DexShell wading socks. I might be more excited to try these out than the boots. The reviews seem to be uncommonly good for something I've never really heard of before... Perhaps there's a reason for that. I don't know, but guess will find out.


Going to wear them under my keiryu spats the next time out (we haven't talked about that whole subject on the blog yet)... So, if nothing else, the next time I go fishing, my feet should be pampered.

14 comments:

  1. Keep your feet warm when wet wading??? Sorry my brain went South on that one, but I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where'd that one come up? The video, the sock link, missed it...

      Delete
  2. Interesting sock. I have not heard of it, either. Looking forward to your review of it, because, I've always wanted a sock that's not neoprene while wet wading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly let you know. One of those things I just took a flyer on.

      Delete
  3. Michael
    I've gone through a few brands of wading boots over the years and found the Korkers with the felt soles are the best choice for me. The Sipsey is loaded with moss covered rocks and the felt soles keeps me from taking a spill. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet. Felt soles are great (from what I've heard). I've never fished them. When I first got into fly fishing they were on the way out due to fear of transferring invasives. Have fished in rubber with studs. Like how Korkers give you the option to do both!

      Delete
  4. You are such an Orvis guy!!!

    Those socks look pretty cool. Would love to know your thoughts once you get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you say so. I don't think I've owned anything from Orvis more than $20 before. I'm definitely a "budget" Orvis guy. Maybe this will change me and I'll get all Hydros & tweeded out.

      I'll let you know on the socks...

      Delete
    2. Same here....actually....I don't think I have ever owned anything from Orvis. Can one be a fly fisherman and not own anything from Orvis?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Assume you mean the socks? To be honest, I don't know. Figure if they're thin, I'll layer. If they're thick, I won't. They're supposed to be "breathable" and waterproof, so I want to see how that works...

      Delete
    2. Update: They're thick like a pair of old school wool wading socks. I don't know how to describe other than that.

      Delete
  6. The boots look great so I'm interested to know how they perform. I checked them out at my local Orvis store recently.

    I'm in the market for a new pair to replace my Simms boots but I really can't sway away from Redington yet. Let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imagine Mike Agneta as a fashion icon!

    ReplyDelete