July 24, 2018

Tenkara Tuesday: Dan Gates' Tenkara Journal

Welcome to Tenkara Tuesday...

Being in Alaska this week, I can't say that I'm particularly plugged into what's going on in tenkara current events. I also didn't have the foresight to plan and write an original tenkara-themed post of my own... so instead, here's a cool Vimeo video from a few years back by Dan Gates to watch and scratch that early-week fixed-line fly fishing itch.

Enjoy!



Also, a total aside... doesn't this water look nice? I couldn't help but ponder the possibilities as I strolled past a few days ago in Mount Rainier...



-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION TENKARA FISHERFOLK
Are you a tenkara angler? Do you have a story, pictures, video, fly recipe, or simply a fishing report from one of your recent tenkara adventures? If so, I'd really enjoy hearing from you for an upcoming Tenkara Tuesday post! Feel free to send an email HERE, I'd love to publish your original contribution.

2 comments:

  1. Michael
    Awesome video, with some quality trout landed, was that a 12 ft. Tenkara they were using? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the video. I didn't catch the model of the rod, but it looks like it's in that 12' range.

      Delete