November 19, 2016

Damn You November!


Sorry for the silence, and for leaving that damn Fozzils post in the top spot on my homepage for almost two weeks...

This time of year is always non-stop craziness in the old Troutrageous! household. I work in internet retail, so a lot of my time (both day & night) is spent making last minute preparations to ensure that all the right gifts are in stock and ready to be purchased for lucky sports fans across the country.

Lilly in Christmas spirit at Magic Kingdom last weekend

Compounding this is the fact that it is extremely difficult to write those big Dallas Cowboys purchase orders this year, considering I'm an Eagles fan. I'll probably be in this state of retail overload and blogging abandonment through mid-February...but it is what it is, happens every year.

Hard at work...at work?  Go Birds! #cubelife

Anyway, are you doing any fishing? I haven't recently, but I think I might sneak out this weekend for a little bit. The weather in the Jacksonville area is downright beautiful right now with highs in the mid 70-degree range. By far my favorite time of year here in the northeastern Sunshine State.

I could try running up to Georgia to chase some trout, but it's evidently all on fire. A damn shame. The Southeast could really use some rain.

By the way, less than a month until Rogue One. Omgomgomgomg!


Finally, and coming full circle on internet retail; if you ever wanted to give tenkara a try (didn't think we could get through this post without mentioning it, right), there might not be a better time to take the plunge than right now. A few companies like Tenkara USA, Dragontail, and Tanuki are running some killer pre-Black Friday deals at the moment, with promises of more deals from others to come. They're all being tracked on Facebook HERE.

I guess that's really all I have to say. I realize this post was just some incoherent thoughts slapped together, but I wanted to my handful of readers know I'm still around.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Mike "How 'bout them Cowboys"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the greatest sympathy for those in the Southeast. You know what we've been through in the last four years. As for fishing, we're in the switch position. No more upcountry (snow and all that) and all about downcountry (the water is finally cold enough for trout).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you can put a few thoughts together, I guess that I could get over to my blog tonight... Haha. You're not too far away from trout... Maybe you can head that way after the fire is handled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family went as well....I worked....and fished. :)

    ReplyDelete