May 25, 2016

Introduction To Tenkara Wandering

I used to run a bit here called Wednesday Nibbles, I still might bring it back out of mothballs in the future, but today is not the day.

Nibbles was/is very formulaic. It was split up into 4 sections; fishing news, pop culture, more fishing news, & "blog love." The latter being the highlighting of a blog from my blogroll.

So in lieu of the total Nibbles experience, today I'm going to jump straight into blog love, and refer you to a new blog I've become fond of, Tenkara Wandering.


Yeah, I know, another tenkara blog, but really, it's good. No Japanese motifs, no man-bun sporting hipsters, no debating "to one-fly or not to one-fly," it's basically a well-written fly fishing blog, but the author (Andy Wayment) happens to swing a tenkara rod. You'll dig it.

Two of my favorites posts are entitled Siren Creek and Tenkara Humble Pie.

Oh, and the photography is pretty spot on too.


I'll also note the fact that while Tenkara Wandering is a new blog without many posts, should you happen to enjoy Andy's writing, you can also check out his more-established blog, Upland Ways.

8 comments:

  1. Mike, if you could do me a favor, let Andrew at Tenkara Wandering know that I'm following and have put him on my blogroll under fly fishing. I have a negative thing with Wordpress. I can't post comments and the blogroll shows up a day or two later. Thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your Wordpress allergy, but will do. I'm certain he'll see the comment in this post as well.

      Delete
  2. Actually a year or so ago I posted a review of Andy's book, Heaven On Earth: Stories of Fly Fishing, Fun & Faith. It is one of my favorite books that periodically pull out and read a bit. Andy's a great writer and a down to earth guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How you like that? Small world.

      Delete
    2. Mike, if you haven't got Andy's book, it's really well written. I recommend it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link to Andy's blog. It's well written and like you said the photos are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a follower of Andy's more established blog for awhile now. Although, I never met him, we used to live in the same town in Eastern Idaho for years. Often fished similar waters and that is why I liked his blog. Good to hear he is now venturing into writing about Tenkara experiences. I haven't gotten into that yet, but, will enjoy reading his blog. Thanks, Michael, for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete