December 18, 2015

Wow. Thank You J.J.

K.C. & Lilly didn't want to brave the advance screening crowds of Star Wars last night, so I went solo, no pun intended.


Fear not, no spoilers, but afterward I had to text back to her my immediate thoughts...


Now I'm clearly more a fanboy than a critic, but I'd have to say that if you have/had any attachment, affection, etc...toward the first three films...of which I mean Episodes IV-VI, (damn you prequels for making me have to clarify that), The Force Awakens is a must see, no-brainer.


Perhaps you're going to see the official "premiere" tonight, maybe it's later this weekend (like me...again), or even if you're waiting for the crowds to die down after the new year, it's sooooo worth it.

Now it's just going to kill me to have to wait 2 years to continue the story....arrrrggghhh!!!

7 comments:

  1. I saw the original (episode IV) at a drive in. Since then my enthusiasm has waxed and waned. I'll take your word for it the ticket is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait. Finishing up the marathon for my wife's sake before we go. Glad to hear it was as good as advertised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I've heard so far is that it is outstanding. Not a bad word about the movie. I don't know about back East, but out here, no light sabers, masks, and something else were allowed in the theater. Think I'll wait until the crowds die down and maybe I can catch it in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.J. Abrams should redo the first three, this was quite possibly the best movie ever... In the history of movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at the Denver premier of the original back in the dark ages. I'm not a good line stander any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100% agree, "The Force Awakens" is right on target! The look and feel was true to the originals but still felt updated, and the characters were likable and engaging. The force is strong with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've avoided clicking on anything that was remotely related to Star Wars until I have seen it (1 week after it's release.)

    I completely agree with your text message, Mike!! JJ DONE GOOD!!! I loved the original (IV-VI) feel this film had. He didn't over do it with all of the technology that's available today (Prequals ugghh) and there weren't any characters like Jar-Jar Binks. Hallelujah!!

    ReplyDelete