June 13, 2012

Sharing Some Vacation Pictures

While everyone is still chatting up "Sacred Cows"...I'm in Florida enjoying a week of vacation.  (Thanks to everyone who has commented on that post to date).  Clearly, with that post in the rear-view mirror, Troutrageous! has peaked and there's no way to stop the decline.  So rather than try, I figured I'd just put up some vacation pictures...

The first batch are from the in-laws' in Boca Raton.  Backyard canal fishing and goofing around with Lilly were pretty much what was in the cards.

One of a few Mayan Cichlids...little buggers fight really hard.
Detail of tail
Gill
Test driving the Tenkara USA Ito...yeah it was overkill
Lilly intently reading the latest Windknots & Tangled Lines post
Tiny frogs in a beer glass

The last batch are from our arrival in Islamorada.  No tarpon fishing (like fishingpoet), just hanging out at a resort for a few days, and the eating and drinking that goes with it.

Lilly saying goodbye...as she's staying at "Camp Mom-Mom"
Fishing pier behind the hotel
Dinner spot...was good.
Pie.  Enough said.

16 comments:

  1. Glad you had a chance to 'get away'.
    The weather looked fabulous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clif. The weather in Florida is hot, but when isn't it. No rain, so can't complain.

      Delete
  2. Mayan cichlids, Everglades oscars, and peacock bass are all on my "list" - looking forward to my next trip down there...Spring 2013?

    The goggle eyes on that bluegill are intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've pulled both mayan cichlids & peacock bass out of that canal before, although the peacocks have been a little elusive lately. Make it happen.

      Delete
  3. Have a good time, send more pictures, fish some more, enjoy the sun.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. Will probably toss up another Florida centric post on Friday.

      Delete
  4. looks like key lime... man I miss south Florida. You going Tarpon fishing? A little late for the peak, but you're right in the kitchen man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Key Lime, although I could have done without the fluff on the top. Real key lime pie doesn't have that. No tarpon for me...my trip wasn't really planned well (my fault), but did fly fish for some little barracuda off a pier. That was fun.

      Delete
  5. Once again you've found a way to stop the decline. Pictures of Lily (an old Who song, in case you don't remember)will always bring back the masses! By the way, I'm going on vacation soon. Do you think pictures of me mowing the yard, digging fence post holes and painting my house will be popular on Windknots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howard - we ran our family's house in the Catskills for several years, the house was built in the 1930s, one block from a lake. In the summers (no AC), I'd be hammering away at anything and everything to keep the house from collapsing under its own weight, and the background noise was just the buzz of outboard motors and jetskis. ALL DAY LONG. Man, it pissed me off!

      Those photos would have been awful! "Toilet repair!" "Paint stripping!" "Trying to legally dispose of Grandpa's illegal barrel of used motor oil!"

      Delete
    2. Lilly is always an easy fix around here. Sure put up those vacation pictures...I think people would like to see you and your push mower.

      Delete
  6. We all need little frogs as drinking buddies. Once again you're proving to be quite the trend setter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike has an entourage of spring peepers. Don't hate. One even has a little silver glove like Michael Jackson. Or is it Chris Brown.

      Delete
    2. Mini frogs make great drinking buddies, although these were only fished out of the swimming pool and returned to the garden. I'm going to work on that, maybe I can train a frog to sit on my shoulder at all times, sorta like a parrot to a pirate. Would definitely start a new trend.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful fish, Mike. Those cichlids look super fun. Glad you haven't been eaten by a bath-salts induced Zombie (yet?) or anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...the bath salts guy. Ever since I've arrived in the area I've tried my best not to watch the local news...

      Delete