August 8, 2010

Not A Banner Day

Went fishing on Saturday.  As the title of this post suggests, it was not a banner day.  A couple hours, and only mustered one 7" brown trout.  No picture of said brown trout as he decided to wriggle free from my clutches while removing the fly from the side of his jaw.  Oh well.

However I don't want to make it sound like it was a bad fishing outing.  Fishing is supposed to be fun, and was, despite the lack of catching.  The weather was gorgeous.  It was probably in the low 70s up until 8 or 9 AM, which was a revelation after all of the oven-like heat we've suffered through this summer.  Plus, there's nothing better than having a cool stream all to yourself for a few hours.

Here are two pictures that I was able to take that I liked:

Looking Downstream - Tenkara Iwana Rod
Ducks.  The one in the middle is mid-drink


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful looking little stream. Looks like it has lots of tree cover. Challenging to keep the fly in the water and not in the trees. Any day out fishing is a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the stream, and it's always nice to see some wildlife around. 70 degrees is my kind of weather! I'll bet the water was running cool. Great pics!
    Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess it's nice to know that I'm not the only "one fish wonder" lately. I debated on heading out this weekend but I think I'm going to wait for better conditions.

    ReplyDelete