September 27, 2009

Gus the Groundhog vs. Granny Trout

I'm a big Pennsylvania fan, but here's another example of where the Keystone State comes up a little short. The Pennsylvania Lottery has an obnoxious puppet named Gus the Groundhog shilling scratch-off lottery tickets on TV. He's been around for a few years, but I believe his exposure as of late has well exceeded its saturation point . He's on during every single commercial break 24-7. Seriously...is there an official hunting season for animatronic rodents?

I've got to move to Montana, where instead of a groundhog coaxing Grannies to spend their Social Security money on lotto tix, they've got Granny Trout. She's funny simply because it's essentially a mascot (in a really poor looking trout costume) harassing misbehaving anglers.

Gus the Groundhog vs. Granny Trout

Unfortunately, I can't seem to embed the video on my blog...so just click on the link below and watch a few of the commercials.
http://www.respectyourrivers.org/front_page

I haven't made up my mind yet if "Aquatic Nuisance" or "River Party" is my favorite..."Respect Your Rivers!"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the video link. I like the "River Party" the best. It makes a point that is high on my list of things that bug me when I go to the stream or lake. Granny Trout needs a re-do!

    ReplyDelete