January 14, 2009

It's Cold Outside

It's like 20 degrees outside. Too cold for me. I prefer the 70s & 80s, heck I'd even settle for the 40s right about now.

Nothing really new fishing wise to report. I've still got some gift cards from X-Mas burning a hole in my pocket, but I don't need anything at the moment. So, in lieu of a fishing report, here's 3 random musings.

1. R.I.P. Ricardo Montalban. I'm saddened by this news more than you might think. I always really liked Fantasy Island as a kid, it's truly a great concept for a TV show, far superior to Love Boat. Plus, he had a great voice. One of those guys that could say practically anything - like "peanut butter & jelly"- and it would sound ultra suave. I hope when I pass on to the afterworld, both Mr. Roarke & Tattoo will be there to greet me. Maybe he'll even save me a seat made of "soft, Corinthian leather."

2. New Field & Stream website. I subscribe and really enjoy the print magazine, so it was nice to see today they decided to spiff up their website and make it a touch more modern and dynamic. Reads a little more like a blog than a standard static webpage. That being said it hurts my eyes a bit - too much white. Anyway, with all the additional content, think I'll check it out more often.

3. Eagles vs. Cardinals. NFC title game. Who would have thought it a few weeks ago. Eagles should win...but past title games vs. Tampa & Carolina proved nothing is a given. That being said, Sunday can't get here soon enough! Go Birds!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment