August 13, 2010

Constructive Criticism Time

Over the past month at my corporate 9-to-5 job, it's been mid-year review time. Some folks disdain this process, but I actually like mid-year reviews quite a bit because as a manager it allows me to sit down with my employees, talk through issues, learn what's working (or not), and re-calibrate goals for the back half of the year if necessary.


So with that in mind, I'm inviting/asking all of my readers - yes, all you 70+ Google Followers and the who knows how many others, to please rate my blog and give me some feedback; positive and/or negative.  When I started writing this blog, the primary audience was my close family...let's just say my family has grown quite a bit in the last 3 years.

I've set up an account on Blogged.com, and their mysterious clan of "Editors" - or computer algorithm, or computer-literate flying squirrels, whatever - scored Troutrageous! a 7.5 or "very good" for whatever that's worth. I was simply hoping you could do the same by clicking HERE or on the image below.


Regarding the feedback, as far as I'm concerned everything's fair game - content, design, what you like, what you don't like, my bad jokes, I don't care. All is valid and appreciated, but feel free to do it anonymously if you're concerned that I'll dig out a voodoo doll crafted in your likeness based on what's written...because I will.

6 comments:

  1. Ive been kinda staying away from facebook because of a computer crash which apperently was caused by a virus I received from facebook.

    I will say I enjoy your writings/blog and being a very green fly fisherman I always look forward to your posts.

    Whitetail Woods Blog / Muzzleloader Testing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog, and read each post, why do I read?, becaues your name, Troutrageous.... It's bangin!
    If I had to complain at all... I would say that there isnt enough TROUT stories for the rageous.. it is obvious you dig fishing, thats all I care about! keep fishing! and I'll be around..
    How many of those 70 some do you think fish? the reasion I ask is, I wondered that about my 50 some followers and after determining that atleast two of them have probably never fished the other 52 do it all the time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Mike. You've read my profile and know I spent 40 years in management. Based on that, I think I have some experience doing job reviews. When I took over a group, I had only one bit of advice for them. "Do your job". If you're not, you'll be the second to know, because I'll be the first. You, are doing your job and doing it well. OK, you'll get a raise at the next review period (could be a while).LOL

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. That voodoodeeodoodoo stuff is bad news...I ain't mess'n around...I gave ya a 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only one suggestion
    - more Lunker Hunt links!

    Seriously though, I enjoy your blog because you don't focus on "grip and grin" pictures. You find a way to write about the experiences that really make fishing fun.

    Make this blog what you want, and like minded people will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feedback all. I didn't expect any "YOU SUCK"s out of anybody, but I'm glad the overall tone of my blog doesn't bore.

    And Big - will do what I can to get back to being more trout-centric. Just hasn't been a banner year...but there's still a lot of time to make up for any lost.

    ReplyDelete